Venomheart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venomheart

There's no place like anyplace but home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRealm Portal

Venomheart's going to be offline.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Venomheart's going to be offline. Empty
PostSubject: Locking Inactive Accounts   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am

Accounts are going to start getting locked out due to inactivity. If an account hasn't been logged into once every two weeks (unless you let the other players know what's going on), it will be locked by an SQL script automatically.

It's sort of like Blizzards' payment thing, except you're not paying - you're just logging in. If you don't log in, your account's frozen. If your account's frozen and you didn't let the other players on the forum know you'd be gone, sorry. It'll be unlocked when I get around to unlocking it.

If your account's frozen and remains frozen, it will eventually be automatically deleted.

This serves two purposes.

1) I know who's still playing/interested in playing.
2) It cleans up inactive accounts/characters/settings/data stored on the server.

This will be added to the server sometime in the coming weeks, just to give people a heads-up.
Back to top Go down
http://venomheart.omgforum.net
Lonars

Lonars

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah. I'll be playing.
BUt occasionally.
The summer and all. 2 D&D campaigns.
I'm going through some bullshit teenage shit.
So now often.
My wow is also 3.1.1.
My sister fucking upgraded it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 am

Lonars wrote:
Yeah. I'll be playing.
But occasionally.

I'm not saying people HAVE to log in... Just that, if you're not gonna log in for more than two weeks, let us know before the two weeks starts. I'll find a way to make sure the account doesn't go inactive, 'cause getting it moved back to active status requires database manipulation and server modifications.
Back to top Go down
Marylinn.//

Marylinn.//

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Can you just log mine in for me? Would probably be easier than reactivating it. I imagine you know the password, being the...you know, admin and all. If not, I sent it to your AIM anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Marylinn.// wrote:
Can you just log mine in for me? Would probably be easier than reactivating it. I imagine you know the password, being the...you know, admin and all. If not, I sent it to your AIM anyway.

Nope. I have no access to passwords. The most I can do is change them.
Back to top Go down
Lonars

Lonars

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 am

Wow. I figured you would have had access to them.
Surprising.
Anyways, I'm back to 3.0.9 but I will be busy these next few weeks. School jsut let out. I got a few senior grad partys to go to (though I jsut got out of eighth grade lol) and such. This sucks >.>
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 am

Lonars wrote:
Surprising.
Anyways, I'm back to 3.0.9 but I will be busy these next few weeks. School jsut let out. I got a few senior grad partys to go to (though I jsut got out of eighth grade lol) and such. This sucks >.>

That's cool. As long as I know people just haven't forgotten Venomheart exists, so I'm not mistakenly going "WELP, NO ONE'S PLAYING, SHUTTING IT DOWN NOW!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 am

Lonars wrote:
Surprising.

Was it a pain in the ass to downgrade it?
Back to top Go down
Lonars

Lonars

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:34 am

Not at all.
All I had to do was upgrade to the most current patch. Delete patch.MPQ and patch2.MPQ and run Repair. That made it so wow was reset to 3.0.0
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 am

Lonars wrote:
Not at all.
All I had to do was upgrade to the most current patch. Delete patch.MPQ and patch2.MPQ and run Repair. That made it so wow was reset to 3.0.0

I thought it went back to 3.0.2.

Wierd.

And yeah, that's what I'd been saying but no one listens to me... ;.;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 am

Oh wow, that's super easy. I'll have to do that. I was thinking it was going to be a LOT more of a pain in the ass. Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venomheart's going to be offline.   Venomheart's going to be offline. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venomheart's going to be offline.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Venomheart :: Out-Of-Character Discussion :: Announcements-
Jump to: