Venomheart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venomheart

There's no place like anyplace but home.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRealm Portal

Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Empty
PostSubject: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:54 pm

I have a question... Read the topic to know what it is...

There are enough people currently that we can easily begin working on what can eventually replace all the currently existing content. I can spawn buildings, rewrite ADTs, move terrain and completely alter Azeroth and Kalimdor in pretty much any way I want to. Shortly, a version of several map editors are going to be released that work with 3.0.9 (and possibly 3.1.0) which means I can edit Northrend as well. I'm getting comfortable working with ADTs, WDTs, DBCs and WMOs.

I've seen edits where Khaz Modan is a lush green forest. I've seen Lordaeron recreated as it looked before the 3rd War. I've seen Stormwind look like Stratholme.

I think, given time, the client as we know it could be used as conduit for our own game - our own fully different World of Warcraft.

Is anyone interested in completely abandoning World of Warcraft and becoming something entirely different? Do we want to go that far?
Back to top Go down
http://venomheart.omgforum.net

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I think that'd be pretty awesome, branching off on our own. It'd make learning the lore a lot more fun because c'mon, it'd be OUR lore. Very Happy It'd be a blast. The idea makes me kinda giddy, although that could be from a number of contributing factors at this very moment. When you think about it, it's completely possible. We can replace NPCs with those of our own, create our own gear, even our own quests once that gets looked into in greater depth.

I say we run with it. What's the worst that happens? We have to go back to the original version.
Back to top Go down
Zanich

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:52 am

I totally agree. And hey, I like Warcraft, but I don't think anything can compare to creating a whole NEW universe. And maybe, as each part of it is created, we could RP as it was being made. As if we were Titans or something. Who knows. I support the idea of creating a whole new World of ___.
Back to top Go down
Derenas

Derenas

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 am

Create our own new game? Or alter WoW's history?

I like both ideas.

Last edited by Derenas on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zanich

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 am

Well actually, I think they DID mean creating an entirely new game. We'll just use WoW as a base for the gameplay, but we'll remake everything else. So in essence, we won't be on Azeroth anymore. We'll be in an entirely new universe that we created. I think that's what they meant.
Back to top Go down
Derenas

Derenas

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:18 am

Right, I know that now. The idea still sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 pm

I agree with both of you. The potential this idea has is pretty much limitless. We can create our own NPCs, quests, items, areas, you name it. I'm learning to create areas (although in the words of the person sitting to my left, I'm "slower than a frozen turd rolling uphill"), and it's a slow process, but yeah. It's actually pretty cool.

I'm reading UV Legends at the moment, and somewhere in my inbox, I have the manuscript that I'll send out to you guys. Derenas mentioned starting a wiki, which I think would be a great idea. The more we document stuff, the easier it'll be to create it.

So far, we need input for kingdoms. Who would be the leader of what, how would their hierarchy go, etc. I suck at politics, personally. I'm the Quice bitch (Quice being the program we use for adding items and such), so throw ideas at me for items, NPCs, etc, etc. Once we get more ideas, we can start brainstorming quests.

One thing leads to a bigger thing, so on and so on. This should be awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derenas

Derenas

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:56 am

I'd help you out with the kingdoms, but I can't really come up with anything without knowing what each one is like.

Whatever you do, don't copy Warhammer 40,000 and make all the people fanatically loyal to one person. That would be boring as hell.

Space Marine: PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
Force Commander: THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!
Imperial Guardsmen: MY LIFE FOR THE EMPEROR!
Civilian: Hey guys, maybe we shouldn't be charging off into battle dying for this guy. I mean, he's been dead for a while and we're just worshiping a big throne. Maybe-
Force Commander shoots the civilian in the face:
Force Commander: SUCH IS HERESY!
Space Marine: FOR THE EMPEROR!!
Back to top Go down
Zanich

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 am

Well, if it's names or what a kingdom is doing/ what its problems are, then I may be able to contribute a bit to that. I'm not much of a political thinker, but I think I could come up with a good share of underhanded deception and treachery if needed. As far as who leads the kingdoms, that's pretty much up to Dash, I'd say. I mean, I don't think it takes much to come up with a name for an NPC (unless a specific person is going to play the character) and slap a backstory on it. Of course, there is always room for build, but for now, maybe we should just come up with basic concepts. Also, fuck Warhammer. I felt I needed to say that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:14 am

Derenas wrote:
I'd help you out with the kingdoms, but I can't really come up with anything without knowing what each one is like.

Whatever you do, don't copy Warhammer 40,000 and make all the people fanatically loyal to one person. That would be boring as hell.

Space Marine: PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
Force Commander: THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!
Imperial Guardsmen: MY LIFE FOR THE EMPEROR!
Civilian: Hey guys, maybe we shouldn't be charging off into battle dying for this guy. I mean, he's been dead for a while and we're just worshiping a big throne. Maybe-
Force Commander shoots the civilian in the face:
Force Commander: SUCH IS HERESY!
Space Marine: FOR THE EMPEROR!!

LOL, I don't care who you are, that's funny.
Back to top Go down
Lonars

Lonars

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 am

Throwing this out there.
I'm a 14 year old with a obsession of politics but i have no history in any area of the world except for the US. I know about wars though sorta.
Oh i love the idea. Making a new world wold be amazing, yet time consuming. And yeah the worst that could happen is just going back to the original version. this sounds fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Blortad

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:32 am

Having our own world will give us something to brag about as well making us more appealing to rpers. Having our own world will definatly serve to draw more people in.
Back to top Go down
Lonars

Lonars

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 pm

In 2099(term like AD/BC/BCE) thw world was a amazing place. Every human was equal under the international goverement. Everyone had a very stereotypical body, everyone was very smart. And the world itself was doing very well. But there were (# of people) who did not think so. These people lead a large rebelion to over throw the current goverement. there opposition was crushed by thw worlds militant forces. So the leader went back to there base (Huge underground palace.) to rethink what they could do. they wanted to travel to a alternate universe. One that was exactly the same as theres but the people were very different. They had the technology to veiw these world so each person choose there favorite universe to go to. All of them choose (name much more epic then "azeroth). this world was filled with magical being, including humans, which was good. they could find a place to fit in.
The group now set out to build a device that would take them their. They had a elite team of scientists with infinite funds working on thi project. After years of work they developed a device. To test it they used it on smaller objects and animals. Once the things that were ported arrived they viewed them and they looked fine. They figured now was the time to take advantage of this device and use it on them selves. But one of the scientists had told the IG about their plot, and the IG told him to set there destination to world (something evil and disgusting sounding.) So the scientist did, and the group was sent to the planet.
short thing i came up with. Just an idea. If VH ever comes back online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?   Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we abandon Heavy Snowfall's version of the game?
Page 1 of 1